Archiv der Kategorie: CILIP 047

(1/1994) Bundesgrenzschutz

Summaries

An Editorial Comment
by Otto Diederichs
In May of 1951 the first 1800 members of the recently created Federal Border Protection entered their barracks at St. Hubertus in the state of Slesvig-Holstein. Initially planned as a paramilitary command designed to fill the gap of the then non-existent West German Army (Bundeswehr), the tasks and as-signments of the command have changed over the years via becoming a pa-ramilitary police reserve unit on constant alert status for civil unrest to a multi-purpose federal police command. The command has lost but little of its military character. Civil Liberties and Police has gone to great effort to ca-talogue the broad range of added tasks and the changes which have been placed over the years within and around the Federal Border Guard. Summaries weiterlesen